As we head into the cooler months where weather dips below -30 (brrrr), it's good to remember All the reasons to Love this city...
- We are the sunniest city in Canada with 332.93 days of sunshine, not bad!
- There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta. Yahoo, love this one!
- The Plus 15 in Calgary is the world’s most extensive pedestrian skywalk system with a total length of 16 km and 59 bridges.
- Calgary has over 8,000 hectares of parkland within the city limits including Nose Hill park, which is the largest natural area urban park in Canada.
- Last year Calgary was voted the "Cleanest City in the World" by Mercer Global Financial and HR Consulting.
- Calgary was also voted the Best Large City in Canada beating out 200 other cities.
- Over 1 million people come to visit the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, the Calgary Stampede, every year.
- Ginger Beef was created in Calgary in 1974 by a chef at the Silver Inn, yummm who doesn't love ginger beef!
- Canada’s best selling cocktail, the Bloody Caesar, was also invented in Calgary.
- Calgary has the youngest, best educated workforce in Canada – 60% of Calgarians have post secondary education and the median age is only 36, still very young right?!
And we are only a little over an hour from the beautiful Canadian Rockies. I guess I can handle a couple more months of winter!